Friday, May 1, 2009

Baby's Breath

It occurred to me today why there is a flower named Baby's Breath. Kyle (and I'm sure all babies) has the sweetest smelling breath! How appropriate to name a flower after this pleasant aroma.

For the last couple days, one sound keeps coming out of that sweet-smelling mouth...DA! He loves making that sound and repeats it throughout the day (and in his crib before/after he sleeps). Sometimes he strings a couple together for DaDa. But I don't think he associates this sound with "Daddy" yet, because he says it the most when he sees Benson!

Final random tidbit...Kyle fell asleep last night on his back for literally the first time since Presidents Day (mid-February). We always lay him on his back when we put him in his crib, but ever since he discovered "tummy sleep" 2.5 months ago, he always rolls onto his tummy to fall asleep. It was so weird seeing him (on the monitor) asleep on his back, spread-eagle. We even went in to check on him a couple times, to make sure he was okay (which of course he was). He must just have been really tired!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love how you journal about Kyle's life. You will be able to give him such a memory trip of his early years. You are so gifted the way you express yourself. You can feel the love you have for your son. I loved how you decribed Baby's Breath