Jared wanted to get in one last swim before the Carpenter pool is closed for the year (I can't believe summer is really over!!). So we went up for a visit yesterday afternoon (after waiting over 2 hrs for Kyle to fall asleep for his nap, which never happened...only happy playing in his crib). As usual, Jared commenced his swim with a dramatic cannonball entry into the pool. The loud noise and splashing upset Kyle, but he recovered quickly and allowed Daddy to hold him in the shallow end.
Jared did a great job of very slowly getting Kyle wet, so it didn't shock his system all at once (because the water was pretty cold, with all the cool nights). Eventually, he was in up to his neck and for the most part was enjoying it. This was his first real "swim" (we had only dipped his feet before this). We probably let him stay in too long though, because he was shivering by the time we got him out. But he seemed to warm up quickly and had fun playing with his cousins' toys (but NOT Alex's school bus!!).
And Jon made us the most FABULOUS dinner...wonderfully seasoned grilled steak, homemade lobster rolls, corn on the cob, and a delicious salad. I completely pigged out, and enjoyed every bite! I'm not usually a big meat-eater, but boy was this steak yummy...I think I ate more beef last night than I had all month!! Thanks Carps for a fun/yummy visit :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love this video!
This reminds me of toddler swimming lessons for J & J at the Y....They were instant water babies...perhaps Kyle will be another Berube who LOVES the water!!!!! :)
Post a Comment