Monday, October 12, 2009

Yesterday's Highs and Lows

Yesterday was filled with highs and lows.

First the highs...
  • Kyle slept until 7:45am!!
  • We went apple/pumpkin picking, and they still had Macouns
  • We got lobsters for the games, 3 each...yummy and full of meat!!
  • It was a beautiful day (which helped make one of the lows a little easier...)

And now for the lows...
  • The Red Sox morphed into the Sox of old. Maybe next year...
  • The Patriots let one get away
  • And the low of all lows...I was locked out of the house for over an hour yesterday afternoon! We had just put Kyle down for a nap and Jared left to get the lobsters. I planned on working until the Pats game (while watching the end of the Sox game)...this was one of those days where I basically had every minute accounted for, so it was not a good day to lose an hour. During the commercials before the 9th inning, I decided to put our pumpkin out on the front steps. As I was positioning it, the wind blew the front door shut (locked). I wasn't overly worried because I knew we had a spare key under the deck. So for basically the next hour, I rummaged around under the deck looking for that darn key but to no avail. And the worst part of this ordeal was that I could hear Kyle crying hysterically in his crib...of all naps for him not to play and fall asleep...very sad/helpless/frustrating feeling :( Eventually he fell asleep, Jared returned, and all was well (except for the shock that Papelbon blew the 2 run lead!!). And of course Jared looked under the deck and found the spare key in about 10 seconds...

5 comments:

marti Jordan said...

Oh, Dianna, What a day and then the Pats go and let us down to boot. My brother was bumped about the Sox too!! However, the highs sound very good to me and you got a great photo of Kyle and the pumpkins!!

Anonymous said...

.....And just when Nonnie thought I had seen the best picture of Kyle...along comes another...!!!

Carolyn said...

Ahhhh....the dreaded wind blows the door shut lockout. Not fun. I'm surprised Jar shut the garage door if he was just running out for provisions.

On the plus side - GREAT pumpkin pic.

Anonymous said...

What a terrific picture of Kyle, Dianna. He is the cutest punkin in the patch!

Nance said...

Sorry about the confusion. This comment is from Nance. I guess my account was previously set for comments from Nana, for my grandkids.

Nonetheless, Kyle is the cutest little punkin' ever!