Monday, November 9, 2009

Surprise!


Jared and I had a GREAT day yesterday, all made possible because of a phone call I received while Jared was outside doing yardwork on Saturday. His softball buddy (a season ticket holder) called to offer us two tickets! At first, I told him I'd call him right back, after I went outside to check with Jared. Then the wheels started turning and I thought it would be a great surprise for Jared. First, I called Grammy (who was hiking Mount Wachusett at the time) and confirmed her availability to watch Kyle. Then, I arranged to pick up the tickets, while I was out running errands Saturday night. And finally, I planned out my various "lies" to make it all work!

Jared thought we were heading up to MA to pick out bathroom fixtures for our new house. We dropped Kyle off at Grammy's house and headed out. I had put the tickets in an envelope and wedged it into the map on the passenger side door pocket (I was driving). About 20 minutes into the drive, I asked Jared to look at the map and see how far down our exit was on 495. He pulled out the map and saw the envelope, which had his name spelled wrong (Jarrod) in disguised handwriting so he wouldn't suspect anything. When he opened it, his reaction of confusion/disbelief/excitement was priceless! Totally made my day!! Surprises are so fun when they work, for both the surprisee and especially for the surpriser!!

And of course the game was awesome! It was a great win and AMAZING weather...felt like we were in Miami, not Foxboro!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Joy! Oh Joy! Surprises are things one always remembers....the surpriser and the surprisee.... :)