Saturday, February 27, 2010

Big Boy Bath!!


So after 17 months of baths on the kitchen counter in his infant tub, Kyle has finally graduated to the big boy bath!! I realize that we should have made this transition about 6 months ago, but we had such a quick/easy/happy routine down that we weren't very motivated to mess with it. But he has DEFINITELY outgrown the "counter tub", so it was time. He's now had two baths in the big tub and seems to enjoy splashing around in the extra space.

Perhaps another driver in making this change is the fact that he gained a whopping 1.5 lbs this past month!! He weighed 26 lbs 15 oz on his 16 month birthday, and 28 lbs 8 oz when we weighed him Monday at 17 months. This seems like a pretty big jump for this age, but I'm not surprised because he literally feels heavier to me each and every day...picking him up is like lifting a ton of bricks! And he's also become quite the little beggar. We can no longer eat in front of him without him begging for some. Like tonight, he ate a good portion of my black bean and tofu burrito. I'm happy he's a good eater, but I do miss the days of being able to snack on the couch in peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet! Wait 'til he tells you that his favorite food is quiche!