We had a nice visit with Nonnie today. Kyle didn't give her the warmest of greetings though...he promptly demanded a timeout (as he does when things don't go his way), and then he told her to go play with Luke. But he quickly snapped out of it when Nonnie gave him some new sailboats for his water table, which he had fun "capsizing". And Luke didn't require any warming up...he was all smiles right when he saw her :)
And Nonnie's birthday is Friday, so Kyle and I have been talking about it a lot, and singing the Happy Birthday song, and talking about how we'd have cake, which Kyle was very excited about! But when push came to shove, he couldn't pull the trigger...he demanded a timeout instead of eating cake. He did eventually sing to Nonnie as she ate her cake and he drank some water.
After dinner, both boys enjoyed Nonnie pushing them in their swings, and Kyle (and especially Benson!) liked having her read a few bedtime stories. Oh, and the big news is that Nonnie got 4, yes 4, bites of food in Luke tonight...yipee! And I'm not being sarcastic...this was quite an accomplishment with the way his feedings went today. Let's just say that he definitely burned more calories fighting the food than he took in today. And there's even proof of Nonnie's feat, as you'll see in the pictures...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I had a wonderful visit with you and the boys! It flew by having so much fun. I just love the boys to pieces! The cake was delicious and I hope you froze my piece for next time. Love always!
Great photos! Clearly everyone had a wonderful time! I love seeing the boys play with all their toys, looks like you guys have a real funhouse. The cake you made looks yummy...save me a piece too!!! How sweet of you to put on a celebration for Nonnie's birthday ;-)
Post a Comment