Sunday, March 22, 2009

6 MONTHS!!


I have definitely been slacking in the blogging department recently. And I would have felt very guilty if I let Kyle's 6 month birthday pass without a post. So here it is, along with a slideshow of some recent photos. Yes, Kyle turned 6 months today. And to celebrate, we gave him his first taste of solids (instead of a birthday cake). We strapped him into his high chair and spoon-fed him some rice cereal. He seemed to like it, although it was pretty messy and I'm not sure how much he actually ate. But it's a start (and will hopefully be the start of him sleeping through the night!).

He's up to about 19 lbs (on nothing but Mommy's milk). So this means he doubled his birth weight about a week ago (at 18 lbs 10 oz). And sometime in the last couple weeks, he surpassed Benson in the weight department!

Kyle caught his first cold a couple weeks ago and had a stuffy nose for over two weeks. It was a long couple weeks because he had so much trouble nursing (and would get very frustrated), but fortunately his stuffy nose didn't turn into anything worse. I seemed to have dodged the cold but had my first experience as a "sick mommy" last Saturday. And the timing couldn't have been worse...Jared was gone for over 12 hrs at his fantasy baseball draft. I had a fever of almost 102, along with a slightly sore throat. Kyle didn't nap much for me but was a good little boy and entertained himself with his various activities while I laid around moaning/groaning on the couch. My fever was almost gone the next day and might have been caused by a VERY painful clogged milk duct (too much information?). My sore throat has somewhat lingered, especially at night but I'm basically all better.

Kyle has started doing much more babbling this last week and less "dragon sounds". He likes rolling all over the place and props himself up into the crawling position and kicks his legs like he's trying to figure out how to move. He is also very into grabbing his feet, scratching the furniture (just like Benson), and pulling my hair. I think that pretty much sums up the last couple weeks!

3 comments:

marti Jordan said...

Love the photos!!! Keep them coming, if you have time now that back to work it must be hard!!

Anonymous said...

We love the photos! I know finding the time must be difficult since you are back at work but those photos and your writng about Kyle's development are so interesting and cleverly written too!
Nonnie

Anonymous said...

We love the photos! I know finding the time must be difficult since you are back at work but those photos and your writng about Kyle's development are so interesting and cleverly written too!
Nonnie