Basically since day 1, "oat mush" has been Kyle's favorite food. And up until about a week ago, I was pumping every night to get milk to mix with the oat powder, to create this wonderful concoction. This nightly ritual was REALLY becoming a drag, because the whole pumping process takes about 30 minutes, plus washing all the little components...it just felt like a lot of work for not much benefit. So we decided to try mixing the oat powder with warm water instead, but Kyle hated that! So we then tried mixing it with formula, which had been sitting in our cabinet "just in case" for a while now. And he loves it, almost as much as the "old recipe". So I feel very liberated now to only have to pump when I'm away from him for about 6 hrs or more (which is only about once every other week when I go to work suppliers that are far from home). I'm curious if he'd take formula "straight up" in a bottle...we'll have to try that soon, because that would be also be liberating, to not have to worry about maintaining a milk supply in the freezer for when I'm out.
Kyle has had a runny nose for well over a week now. It definitely started as a cold, but I'm wondering now if it could be related to teeth. Nothing has poked through yet, but he seems to be chewing on things even more than usual, and not napping well at all. But he's still sleeping well at night, which hopefully doesn't change when these teeth finally make their grand entrance. I'm not surprised that he's late in getting his teeth though, seeing how I had 3 baby teeth pulled after they hadn't fallen out by the end of 7th grade!!
This is over a week late, but Kyle had a fun visit up in NH with his Grandpa and especially his Aunt Jayne. He only napped about 30 minutes that entire day (because he refused to sleep during the 2+ hr car ride both there and back!), but he held up surprisingly well. A little fussy, but very manageable. Those days of him falling asleep instantly (or even at all!!) in the car are long gone now. Things change so quickly with babies, but it's all good.
2 comments:
Auntie Jayne looks awfully proud of nephew Kyle! :)
Yes, Kyle was the hit of the party! Everyone was eagerly anticipating his arrival, after which he was passed around to everyone! And though was a little tired, he never actually cried. It was so cute when Dianna tapped him on the head with a balloon and he started laughing like he thought it was so hysterical! We all thought it was ;)
Post a Comment