Here's a little summary for you...
KYLE
The Good: He has become VERY snuggly with me lately, always wanting to hug Mumma. And he even gets sad and cries now when he or I leave! I love this new, long-overdue clinginess and separation anxiety :) And it should be noted that he no longer looks like Justin Beiber (I have no idea who Justin Beiber is or what he looks like, but I always hear his name when describing shaggy/unkempt hair so I figure it's appropriate)...I gave him a home haircut last night and, for a first attempt, it actually came out pretty good!
The Bad: He basically doesn't nap anymore. And wakes up for the day in the early 6's. Bad. Very bad.
The Weird: I cut his toenails for LITERALLY the first time ever this week, after over 2.5 years of virtual non-growth. And I didn't even have to cut all of them. I cut his fingernails every week or two. But for some reason, his toenails do not grow. Hopefully this is normal.
LUKE
The Good: Overall, I have felt much better about him this past month. He has seemed to kind of "come alive". He's more motivated to do stuff, like rolling around with purpose (to get something he wants). He also seems to be making attempts to raise his tummy and get up on all fours like he wants to crawl. And he's becoming a bit more vocal (started making "da" and "ga" sounds). These are all good "developmental developments".
The Bad: His cold (and his inability to nurse when stuffed up) has completely erased that 1.5 month stretch of better weight gain. He is still off-and-on stuffy 3 weeks later, and he's lost weight during this stretch. Very upsetting. This is the precise reason I've been so paranoid about germs around him...he just doesn't have any margin of error when it comes to gaining weight. I'll leave it at that, but it is truly pushing me to the brink of my sanity.
The Weird: He loves scratching/clawing my face. And he does it with a big, devilish grin :) He actually made my gum bleed the other day when he somehow scratched the inside my mouth.
ME
The Good: I hired a cleaning lady and they did their initial 5 hr cleaning Saturday! I don't feel like the house really gets that dirty, where it's new and I'm very organized/clutter-free. But dusting and vacuuming still need to be done and I just do not have the time or energy to do it myself. And I REALLY like a clean house. So I think this will be money very well spent. Also, they are spreading the topsoil and doing the final grade, so we should have the start of a lawn within the next couple weeks. Can't wait. Not looking forward to the daily waterings though.
The Bad: See Luke's "The Bad"
The Weird: Despite regular waterings, I seem to have virtually killed all but a couple of the 16 air-filtering hanging ivy plants that I bought to absorb all the new house toxins. Yet I still spend a couple hours every weekend watering the "carcasses", a task I DREAD. Why?! I think it's time to put them (and me) out of our misery.
And a "good" for all of us was a fun visit/playdate with Kim, Evan and Sophia this morning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love this post!
The good: the post, KFB's haircut, everything about Lukie pookie except eating
The bad: using the word "toenails" 3 times in the post
The Weird: that I can never spell weird on the first try.
Post a Comment