Saturday, June 18, 2011
Fun Dinner Visit
We had a nice visit today with Nonnie, Auntie Jayne, Great Grampy and Uncle Mike, eating dinner outside at Great Grampy's country club. Kyle's highlights included: trying to stuff an entire dinner roll in his mouth in one bite, eating in general, checking out all the golfcarts ("like that golfcart"), escaping into the ceremony area of an outdoor wedding that was underway, walking around with Nonnie, and did I mention eating?
Luke's at a tough age for excursions like this, because he doesn't really like sitting or being held but there's no place for him to crawl around. And we all know that occupying him with eating/drinking is out of the question, so he was a little antsy but overall did well. He especially liked hanging out with his Auntie Jayne :) And I especially liked Auntie Jayne hanging out with him while I ate my meal :)
It was already past their bedtime by the time we left, and Kyle's overtiredness definitely caught up with him on the drive home. Despite having his video on, he just kept REPEATEDLY screaming/crying about the same very irrational things: "want breakfast", "want Luke on rug", and lots of "want to go back to that [fill in the blank...yellow car, big truck, bulldozer, bridge, or whatever else we happened to pass on the highway that he wanted to see more of]". Luke kept trying to doze but was continuously jolted out of sleep by Kyle's yelling.
So by the time I got Luke fed (an abridged version of his dinner because I didn't have the usual 1+ hr to feed him!) and got them ready for bed, it was 8:30, which is a full two hours past their usual bedtime. So of course this means that Kyle's normal (horrible!) 5am wake-up time will be 7am tomorrow morning, right? I wish, but for some reason with kids (or at least my kids), late to bed usually means up even earlier. But it sure would be wonderful if he proved me wrong tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
From your funny and detailed narrative I feel like I was really there. Looks like a nice time. 4th of July? (from the way many are dressed) xo
The visit with all of you was great! The boys are so much fun! I just can't get enough of them! The pictures really capture the highlights. Love Nonnie! :)
We all had so much fun! It was so great to see you guys! I loved every minute of it, especially my private time with Luke. He is just the cutest, sweetest, most innocent little boy! Of course Kyle was also as cute and entertaining as usual! I admire his persistence and am sure it will pay off when he gets older! Great pictures of the event! Miss you guys;-)
Post a Comment