Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Surprise!
The boys and I had fun surprising Nonnie at her school today! We walked all around visiting her various teacher friends. Kyle wasn't quite as into the walking-through-the-hallways part as last year. When it turned into a full-blown meltdown, it was time to bring out the big guns...a piece of plain whole wheat bread, which immediately snapped him out of it. Of course!?
And then Kyle discovered some toy trucks in the admin office area, which he enjoyed playing with. He did NOT enjoy when one the middle school boys tried to get a high five out of him...he is VERY stingy with those!
Once we got outside, Kyle was a very happy camper. He loved watching all the school buses (while holding his little school bus which he brought in his backpack), and he had fun walking all around with Nonnie. And as usual, Luke was just his laid-back easy self.
And this was by far the easiest car experience of the 3 years I've done this (even though it was the first year with two of them). Unlike the last two years, Kyle didn't scream the entire drive! Plus it was only 2 hrs each way (not 3 hrs like the other years driving up from CT). Kyle just watched his video and talked about all the big trucks around us (of course he had a few screaming fits, but nothing sustained). And he and Luke both took "car naps" (borrowing their cousins' terminology) on the way home. Only for about 45 minutes but I was pleasantly surprised.
I was also pleasantly surprised by the new double-lane Fast Lane underpasses on I95, where the speed limit remains 65mph so you don't have to slow down. Makes a LOT of sense, and is especially appreciated when you have two napping kids in the car who surely would wake up from slowing down at a toll booth.
Side Note...when I was feeding Luke tonight, I noticed that his first tooth has poked through...yay Pooks! Hopefully this explains his COMPLETE lack of interest in eating lately!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm sooo glad it went well! Love the pictures. Love how Kyle's backpack remains on at all times. And the "big gun" of the piece of bread. And of course Pooks cool nametag debuting his new name. And this new fast lane thing is news to me. How great!
How sweet and thoughtful of you and the boys to come all the way up to visit Nonnie. She told me about your wonderful visit and what a complete and wonderful surprise it was! Love all the pictures - they are both getting so big! Hope to see you guys soon!
I just know from my own school experiences how proud and delighted Nonnie must have been to show off her little grand boys! It's so good of you, Dianna, to make the trek! I'm sure it just made Nonnie's day, if not her whole year!!! I, too, love the pix. Kyle is the cutest with his backpack on negotiating the school halls. Glad you all had a great day!
Post a Comment