Hard to believe, but my sweet little Pooks turned 1 today! I got him a small cake, mostly for Kyle's benefit since he now "gets" that you have cake on birthdays, and he also (FINALLY) gets that cake is yummy. So unlike his last 2 birthdays, Kyle will actually be eating his birthday cake this year!
As you can see in the pictures (thanks to Grammy for being the photographer), Luke loved smearing it all around and getting good and messy. He did try a little bit but was definitely more interested in playing with it than eating it.
Kyle sang to him at various times today. But the best was this morning...I usually send Kyle into Luke's room when he first wakes up and he sings "Good Morning to Lukey Pookie". But this morning he went in, turned on the light, and sang "Happy Birthday". Luke was so happy and I WISH I had gotten a video of this sweet little exchange, but of course I didn't :(
Happy, happy birthday my sweet little boy...you are such a joy and blessing :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Pooks is just the cutest and sweetest one year old! I loved all the photos. I wish I had seen the cute exchange when Kyle put the bedroom light on and sang Happy Birthday to Pooks. Ilove the boys! ;)
Happy Birthday Pooks! I was thinking of you all day, sending you love and wishing you a fun filled day! Looks like you had fun smearing your blue birthday cake! Can't wait to see you and Kyle in a few weeks to celebrate both of your birthdays!
What a cutie pie that Lukie Pookie is! I just love his smile! Happy Birthday!! :)
Happy Birthday, Luke! You are the cutest ever with your birthday cake. Can't get enough of that happy smile, bright blue eyes, and blonde hair. Such a special day with a year full of milestones and adventures ahead! Enjoy, because It goes by so fast!
Post a Comment