Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fun Visit with Nonnie!

We had a nice visit with Nonnie today. As usual, she came bearing fun little gifts for the kids, an airplane for Kyle and a bulldozer for Luke. We all (adults included) especially enjoyed the toy airplane...when you pull it backward, it shoots forward with its propeller spinning, nose lifting. The first time I did it, I thought it was actually going to takeoff!

Once the novelty of the cool airplane wore off a bit, the boys had fun playing outside in the wonderfully-snowless-in-February backyard with Nonnie. Isn't this just the best winter ever?! Luke's new favorite thing when he's outside is watching his shadow (and saying "shadow" over and over again until someone acknowledges it)...very cute, as is almost everything about little Pooks :)

Then it was inside for pizza. Kyle has been talking about that for the last few days because that's our lunch tradition when Nonnie visits...veggie Kashi frozen pizza which Kyle thinks is a HUGE "special treat". Clearly that boy doesn't get out much.

And the highlight of the day for me (other than seeing Nonnie of course) was the fact that Kyle actually slept during his afternoon "nap" today!! Probably only about 20 minutes, but those little power naps usually reset him into sleeping a bit later in the morning. Hopefully that holds true. So for a brief, wonderful window this afternoon, I had the pleasure of flipping back and forth on my baby monitor and seeing two sleeping boys. At the same time! Ahhh, I could get used to that...

And I had been promising all sorts of things to Kyle when he actually sleeps during his nap (usually he just mills around in his crib for about 5 minutes, yells that he has a poop, I change his diaper, he mills around another 10 minutes or so while I eat my lunch, and then he starts yelling and I get him before he wakes up Luke).

So today, I paid out on these nap promises that I had been making. The highlight for Kyle was a Cars puzzle he had picked out on Amazon a few weeks ago, that I told him the UPS man would deliver when he sleeps during a nap. He was super excited to see it! And up until now, he has only done 24 piece puzzles. This one is 46 pieces, and he put it together all by himself fairly easily, although it took him about 20 minutes instead of only 5 minutes like with his smaller ones. As you can see in the picture, he was so proud when he finished :)

4 comments:

Trish Burdo said...

I love the picture of Kyle after he finished the puzzle! Precious!

Kim said...

So cute that Luke notices his shadow! Hurray for a quiet nap time for you ;) I will have to remember that UPS puzzle trick!

Anonymous said...

My dad and I liked the pictures especially Luke chasing his shadow and Kyle with his Cars puzzle.
I had a wonderful visit with the boys and you! Every part of it was great! Thank you so much! Love Jackie and my Dad!

Jayne said...

Great pictures! I can't believe how clever Kyle is with his puzzles- he would certainly beat me at them! Love it when he has his proud smile!!! Both of them are as cute as ever! Can't wait to see you guys in March!