He now has two mornings of daycare (or "Luke's school" as we're calling it, so that he feels cool like his big bro) under his belt and seems to like it. Miss Laurie reported that he's been a good boy, although at times seemed a bit overwhelmed by the "rock star" treatment he's gotten for being the new kid on the block.
Yesterday he played a lot with Braden and Greg, who are both about his age. And today Miss Laurie said he was gravitating toward Chloe, who is also about his age. Love that he has all these little friends (and girlfriend?!).
Not to be outdone by Kyle, he came home with his first art project yesterday :)
And today he came home sporting a "Little Leprechaun Luke" hat :)
I'm so happy that he seems to like it, and I must say that I have thoroughly enjoyed my first taste of being in the house kid-free! I've had two very productive mornings, and look forward to more of them going forward (Tues and Thurs next week). It's amazing how much you can get done with a guaranteed block of almost 3 kid-free hrs!!
And a quick Kyle update, I think he is finally getting close to potty training. He is now very aware/uncomfortable when his diaper is wet and doesn't want to sit down. And he has even pooped on command (in his diaper) for me a couple times. And for the first time ever, he said he wanted to sit on the potty (which he often says) but actually followed through and DID sit and "try". I've been telling him that we'll be out of diapers in April and that he'll have to use the potty then. And he seems to be on board with that..."in March I just try, but in April I'll have to use the potty and get to wear big boy underwear". So he can talk the talk, but time will tell if he'll be able to walk the walk!
4 comments:
I LOVED the pictures of Luke and his first art work! The girlfriend?!Chloe sounds adorable.
Happy to read about Kyle's potty training starting to go well too!
Great post!!! Love hearing about both of their progress and so happy for you that you are getting some private time. Wish they could stay little forever- or at least until I can see them more :)
Di... love the pictures! Yeh to Luke for doing well in school. Potty training is hard but so nice in the end!
I cannot believe how big Luke looks Dit! So glad that he seems to be loving "school" and good for you to have a few kid-free hours each week! And good luck with the potty training. I know it isn't the healthiest of rewards, but both my kids seemed to accelerate the PT process once I introduced M&M's into the picture. They got 2 M&M's each time they went potty successfully. Once they mastered the peeing we moved on to only getting M&M's when they pooped. Seemed to work really well. I don't usually promote candy, but it seemed to be a VERY good motivator - much more so than the stickers I started with!!! ;)
Post a Comment