We had a fun day at the beach in Kennebunkport with Nonnie today! I was a little hesitant for us to go, since we're just a few days into Kyle's potty training (which thankfully is going great!). But I decided to go for it and I'm glad I did (especially since it was 85F and sunny, in April!). The boys had a blast! When we first got there, Kyle was excited to throw rocks into the ocean with Nonnie. But when a wave knocked him over and he got all wet, he decided that the little tidal pools were more his speed. Luke on the other hand LOVED the water!! I think he would have stood there all day, watching the waves splash over his feet and saying "water" excitedly every time a wave came in :) He just LOVED it, and it was very hard for me to lure him away.
Nonnie got a kick out of Kyle as he was eating his "car dinner", explaining to her that it would later come out as poop :) And then he was such a good boy and did his very first "car potty" pee! It was cute, afterward he was asking where the sink was...I guess he is pretty programmed to wash hands after potty! And Luke loved having Nonnie do "This Little Piggy..." with him when he was in his stroller :)
And the travels were about as uneventful as could be. No traffic either way. The boys both did great, with basically no fussing. Luke took a little nap on the way up, and Kyle on the way home. So it was about as smooth of a road trip as you can get with a 3 and 1 year old in tow!
Quick update...yes, Kyle is FINALLY potty trained! He's known for a while that we'd by all out of diapers on the Saturday of April vacation, and that he'd have to use the potty. The first day, he didn't have any accidents but it took him FOREVER to get the pee out, and he was VERY upset while sitting on the potty trying. So the second day, I "let" him have an accident when he was standing on a plastic mat, just so he could see how yucky it feels (he definitely didn't like it). And ever since then, his pees come out much quicker on the potty and he doesn't get upset (and he hasn't had any accidents). He's even done 2 poops too! But he's still pooping in his diaper in the middle of the night, needing to be changed :( But overall, this has to be about the easiest potty training experience ever (something to be said for waiting until they're good and ready, even if they're 3.5!). Oh, and the same day he started using the potty, his big boy bed arrived, which he LOVES! And he slept until 8:40am (having gone to bed at 6pm) his first night in it which I loved :)
And a quick Luke update. As I mentioned, ever since his stomach bug a few weeks ago (my first stomach bug kid experience...NOT fun), he has been RAVENOUS and is doing much better chewing/swallowing solids! YAY!!!! But the whole stomach bug made me reconsider and ultimately cancel those 2 mornings of daycare. I don't want to be dealing with bugs like that on a regular basis. And where he still puts everything in his mouth, I'm sure he'd catch whatever is going around. So as much as I liked the socialization for him (and the kid-free window for me!), "elective daycare" didn't feel like the right thing for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a wonderful day! The boys were so much fun! Glad the trip home went smoothly. Can't wait for another beach day.
LOVE this post! Such good things. And those boys looked like they were just having a blast in the pics. So lucky their Nonnie lives so near such a gorgeous place!
Post a Comment