Today was Luke's big day...his first day of K'tonton preschool at the JCC, where he'll be going Tuesday and Thursday mornings. He seemed to kind of "get it", that he's going to school like Kyle now that he's 2, and that he has teachers, and friends, and snack, etc.
And he was pretty unaware/distracted when I dropped him off this morning (I don't think he really understood that I was actually leaving), so it was easy/undramatic. The teachers said that he did cry for a few minutes (possibly because a couple others were crying), but then he stopped and had fun! And I got a big smile when I came to pick him up, and he said "Mommy came back and now we go home" :)
So Day 1 was a success, and I'm so hopeful that this will be a fun/positive experience for him. Because if it's positive for him, it will be VERY positive for me, getting those impossible kid-free windows in the house.
During today's 1:55 minute window, I rotated in/out Luke's clothes (for size, season, hand-me-down, etc) and started on Kyle's. Good feeling and long overdue, and nearly impossible to do with Luke around!
And that's my plan...each Tues/Thurs morning I will have one little doable task planned, things that are tough to do with kids around. To me, that's the best way to spend this time...getting stuff done from the never-ending list of chores/projects that overwhelm me. I'm excited to hopefully start feeling more "caught up on life", instead of "just staying afloat" :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So cute! Glad Day #1 was a success.
Great pictures! So glad day 1 was a success for both of you!
What adorable pictures!! I'm so glad it went well. Love Tues/Thurs a.m.!
Pooks is always beyond cuteness! So adorable! I love the picture of him climbing the stairs and of him entering the class room to meet his first group of classmates. Glad he is so easy going! I hope this continues to go well for both of you!!!
Post a Comment