Monday, October 8, 2012

Beach Day!

The boys had a great time at the beach this afternoon with Nonnie! They loved running around, chasing the seagulls, and exploring all the little tide pools. And there were horses walking along the shore when we got there, which they both thought was pretty cool.

It was cute, Luke was so excited to be at the ocean that he was literally (as you'll see in the pictures) jumping for joy. He was absolutely giddy :) He loved scooping up handfuls of sand and throwing it everywhere. Fun for him, not so much for those in his firing zone. And he liked digging holes and finding "more ocean" in the ground.

Kyle liked getting chased by Nonnie and writing letters in the sand. And he was very proud that he was not afraid of the waves knocking him over this time (phew!).

They were both pretty good on the drive up, but the drive home was a different story...LOTS of traffic (I guess because of Columbus Day) and Luke refused to nap. Not a good combination. So Luke was VERY fussy, and Kyle flipped out any time that traffic brought us to a dead stop on the highway (which unfortunately happened a lot) and demanded that I "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO".

The highlight of our drive home was a "game" where they took turns asking me to say "mmmmmm" (a sound that Kyle normally gets mad when I make, as an absent-minded response to his endless road trip commentary). But for whatever reason, they both thought it was hysterical when I complied. And it required very little effort on my part so all the better!

But we made it home safe and sound, and I managed to wrestle two very uncooperative, grumpy boys through dinner and all the nightly chores and baths. Long day but they definitely had fun, and I'll (at least theoretically) sleep well tonight!

5 comments:

bcarlson said...

Glad to hear the destination part was fun, even if the return trip wasn't.

Kim said...

Looks like a beautiful day at the beach! I love the picture of Luke airborne with excitement :)

Anonymous said...

Love the visit from you and the boys! Such fun! Love the pictures of the boys especially the ones where I am chasing Kyle and he is laughing and Luke's jump with excitement which is classic! His million dollar smile is the best! Kyle not being afraid of being knocked over by a wave was a relief!He is just so sweet.

Carolyn said...

Love the "finding more ocean". :-) So nice that this beach is becoming a special spot for them and their Nonnie.

Jayne Berube said...

What a great day for everyone! Love reading and seeing the boys curiosity for the beach and excitement about bing there and with Nonnie. These are some really beautiful pictures that you can tell captured everyone's happiness perfectly. I can only imagine how much fun it must be to be there with Kyle and Luke!!!