The boys had a fun Easter today! Kyle was a good boy and did puzzles in his room this morning until Luke woke up, so that we could all go down together to see if the Easter bunny came. And lo and behold, he (she?) did! The boys thought it was CRAZY that they got to eat candy (about 1/3 of a funsize bag of M&Ms that were in their eggs) and a lollipop before breakfast! They really lived it up :) Probably the last year I can get away with such candy deprivation...
We then went up to Great Grampy's and had fun playing outside (SUCH a nice day!) with Nonnie, Uncle Mike, Kaitlyn, Emily, and of course Great Grampy. The boys liked driving their new cars from Nonnie in the dirt, reciting the Pledge of Allegiance to all the flags in the complex, and singing "I'm into Something Good" (got to love a 4 yr old and 2 yr old singing "...and I can tell, I'm her kind of guy"). Luke especially enjoyed turning his new white stuffed bunny into a lovely dirty-dishwater color by rolling him around in the dirt :)
Then we headed over to the country club for a yummy brunch. Kyle was in heaven with all the deliciously unhealthy food on his plate. He even got to pick a dessert...chocolate cake! He was simply dumbfounded walking around the extensive dessert table, like he was exploring a foreign country :) They were really well-behaved for the most part (our waitress even came over to compliment them on their good behavior!). And they got to meet the Easter bunny...what more could they ask for?! Oh, I know...some high fives with Great Grampy before we left :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It was so wonderful to share my favorite holiday with the boys and you! I had so much fun! Much love!
Looks like such a nice time! That brunch looked mmmm mmmmm good.
I heard it was a great time! With lots of good food and interesting company;) I'm so glad the boys had fun... What patriots they are - I'm amazed that they could recite the pledge of allegiance :) always some adorable trick up their sleeves!
Post a Comment