Friday, August 9, 2013

WPI, Potty, Friends, Outings, Etc...

This post will be a bit random, because I feel I'm long overdue for an update. So here goes...

First and freshest in my mind is our visit to WPI on Tuesday. Whenever we drive by, I always tell the boys how Daddy and I went to college (and met) there. So I thought it would be fun to walk around campus with them. And it was a GORGEOUS day! Soooo much new, cool stuff to see since I was last on campus. Once I was able to peel Luke away from all the construction happening on the quad, and the sad little water fountain that Jared and I always made fun of, we checked out the gigantic new soccer/baseball fields with very cushy turf built on top of the new parking garage! They LOVED running all around chasing each other. Until we were kicked off. Apparently a gate was left open that wasn't supposed to be. Woops!

Then we toured the gorgeous new rec center. And it was really cool, as we were walking by it, I asked a few guys wearing official-looking WPI shirts if we could take a peek inside. And one of them introduced himself as Chris Bartley, the men's basketball head coach who has built a powerhouse D3 program (26-3 last year, national D3 coach of the year, and they only graduated one senior!). He was super nice and actually ran to catch us as we were leaving to give the boys (men's size medium, as you'll see in the pictures) WPI basketball t-shirts. The boys were psyched! Makes me proud as an alum to see such athletic success at our alma mater. I look forward to taking the boys to (at least part of) a game this year.

And we also went to the campus bookstore, hoping to find t-shirts for the boys. They had Kyle's size, which I bought. But not Luke's, so I ordered his online. The only bummer was afterward, when we were clear across campus, I noticed Kyle was toting a little stuffed animal key chain that I didn't buy. So we walked all the way back to return it (much to Kyle's dismay). Hopefully the boys learned a little early lesson about shoplifting :)

And here's a hodgepodge summary of other things you'll see in the slideshow...Annual Truck Day, car show, Luke being a silly goose, Kyle being a super brave boy before getting tubes in his ears and adenoids removed (man can that kid hear now!), Davis Farmland, celebrating Jared's birthday, the zoo, watching the trash truck, lunch with Great Grampy, fun Rayla camp day (including Ca and I water skiing for the first time in 10+ years!), fun Foley camp day on Lake Champlain, blueberry picking, fun visit at my friend Kim's parents' beautiful B&B in the Adirondacks, fun visit at Trish's beautiful new vacation home in VT, WPI with Orbit pizza afterward, and playing in the rain this morning.

Oh, and the big news is that Luke is potty trained! I started Sunday and he's done really well. A couple accidents but I take responsibility for them. And he's very independent with the whole process, although his underwear/shorts-pulling-up-abilities leave a bit to be desired. Although he's not bothered by his dishevelledness, just me :) He's sooo proud of himself, and likes to tell anyone and everyone that we see (whether we know them or not) that he's wearing big boy underwear :) SOOOO proud of my little baby! I still have him in a diaper at night, but that I know will come with time. My boys are growing up :) :(

3 comments:

bcarlson said...

Don't know how I missed this update til now. Boy I can't keep up with all your fun doings this summer. Love the pix.

Nance said...

OMGosh, Dianna, what terrific summer outings you've had! Love the WPI visit and tees and so glad all you young'uns had such fun at the "camps"!
Love the pix! Great to see you and the boys at
Higgins Armory, too. That was a neat experience for the young and the old! and summer's not over yet!

Kim said...

Wonderful pictures Dit! It looks like you and the boys have had a fun-filled summer full of great experiences! They look very happy! The WPI tee shirt on Luke is just precious!!!! :)