Thursday, August 29, 2013

First Day of School 2013!

By all accounts, Kyle and Luke both had a great first day of school today! They came home happy, with good reports from their teachers. And it was all smooth sailing getting ready this morning (pretty easy to be out of the house by 8:45 when Kyle starts his/my day around 5am every day!). Amazingly, they were even somewhat cooperative for back-to-school pictures, with the promise of a first day of school present (construction vehicle sticker books).

They are in different classes but at the same preschool this year (Kyle's 3rd year there, and Luke's first). Kyle is going full-days (9-2:50) and Luke is going four mornings (9-11:20). I think it's just right for both of them, and exciting for me...four mornings each week ALONE in the house!!

PS: Three blog posts in five days...I think that's a record for me!

2 comments:

Nance said...

So cute! I love it when they hold hands. Definitely a milestone, Dit. They are ready and confident thanks to you. Glad you'll have some "me" time. I'm sure there were times you thought that "time" would never come. Hope you all have a great year xx

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! In the one where Kyle points to his classroom, he looks just like Jared! I can't believe Luke is in pre-school. So glad you will have some time to yourself now. You have done such a wonderful job raising them alone. It's truly well earned!
Hope you all have a great year! Much love!