You win Kyle. I am done driving myself insane trying to get you to take a good nap. Your walls have soundproof insulation, your windows have light-blocking blinds and blackout curtains, you have a white noise machine. Beyond that, I'm not sure what else I can do to make your room more conducive to sleep. So I am done, since all my efforts are clearly in vain. Thanks for the 20 to 40 minute break from you that you generously give me every afternoon. It's almost enough time to sit down and have a cup of coffee. But could you please not scream angrily at the top of your lungs the second you wake up? Your brother enjoys his afternoon nap, although you are doing everything in your power to change that.
Yes, I am bitter, but it's just REALLY frustrating. Especially since I know he is capable of taking a good nap (like the 2+ hr naps he consistently takes in Westborough). And he certainly does not wake up rested and happy...far from it. And he's only 2!
To make matters worse, he's just in this horrible phase with me right now where he is pretty much miserable whenever I'm in sight. I can't get him to play with me...he just wants to order me around and constantly demand food, milk, and TV, all of which I limit. It's a very strange dynamic and I REALLY hope it is short-lived. He's great/happy with other people, but not me. Very strange. So my days with him are VERY long and sadly I'm always looking forward to my next break from him (when he goes to Grammy's or Ca's).
He napped less than 20 minutes today so will be going to bed around 5:30 tonight. Putting him to bed early is the only way I can get him to catch up on his sleep, since it never happens during naps and he won't sleep past 6:15am (soon to be 7:15...YAY!).
I love you to pieces Kyle, but a 2 hr (or even 1 hr) nap would do absolute wonders for both of us. PLEASE???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I feel frustrated for you... I know its not cabin fever, but the symptoms sound similar. If only he could understand how disruptive his behavior is. I hope this is just a phase that passes quickly.
Sorry, that comment was from Auntie Jayne
Post a Comment