A 55 degree day in January? Yes please!! Days like this really make the winter bearable. And I love the fact that we're already well into January without having had any real hardcore winter or snow (except the Halloween storm, which doesn't really count since that was still autumn). I'm sure we'll still get hammered the next couple months, but the longer we go like this, the shorter winter feels.
And it's funny how 55F in January feels like about 70F...had all the windows open (while still running the heat, of course), went for a walk in flip flops without a jacket (don't worry, kids wore jackets), neighbors were out doing yard work, etc.
And this was the first walk with the boys where Luke walked too! And walk he did. For those that know my street, he walked from our house all the way to Fort Sumter like a big boy and LOVED it! That's over 1/3 of a mile (or about 1.3 times around a track...not bad for a little guy!). The reason he hasn't walked outside before is because I just got his "outdoor shoes" this week (he only had his Robeez slipper-shoes until now).
After the walk, we played in the backyard for a while and Luke just loved roaming around exploring. I really look forward to this upcoming spring...it will be so much more fun to be outside with the boys now that Luke doesn't have to be strapped into something. Wait, what am I saying...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
A real milestone! Where did that little baby go????
Glad you are enjoying the January weather! Its in the 70's down here!!! Kiran still enjoys the Bjorn, but I know it won't be long before he's exploring by foot too ;)
Just saw these! Glad everyone had fun. The boys are getting so big! Can't wait to go to the beach with them this spring!
Post a Comment