Saturday, January 28, 2012

We get to go to Tewksbury!

The boys had a great visit today with Nonnie, Great Grampy, Uncle Mike and Emily! Kyle has been talking all week about how we get to go to Tewksbury on Saturday, "to see Great Grampy, and Nonnie, and maybe Uncle Mike, and maybe Emily", and it all came to fruition today :) It was warm enough that we played outside for a little, kicking/throwing the ball around and watching the cars go by.

We then hung out inside. Luke had fun looking at his picture books with Uncle Mike and Nonnie, and then standing up on the coffee table like a "hot shot". And Kyle very much enjoyed Emily shelling pistachios for him to eat :) Emily tried to entice him to ride on Great Grampy's stair-chairlift, but Kyle found the whole thing a bit sketchy and very decisively said he didn't want to. On the way home, I asked Kyle what he liked best about the visit and he said "Nonnie" :)

And the other highlight of our day was a fun Skype session with Auntie Jayne! It was great to have a little virtual tour of her apartment and hear all about the wonderful and meaningful work that she is doing on the reservation...we're so proud of you Auntie Jayne :)

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Sounds like a great day! Thank goodness for good weather and a coffee table/podium.

Anonymous said...

The visit was so much fun. Absolutely love the boys to pieces. Can't believe how fast the time flew by! I didn't realize all the photos you took! They are great! Thanks for coming up! My dad and I had a wonderful time with you and the boys!

Jayne Berube said...

I heard it was a wonderful visit! So nice of you guys to bring an afternoon of joy to the Ruggiero house! Wish I could have been there!

Jayne Berube said...

I heard it was a wonderful visit! So nice of you guys to bring an afternoon of joy to the Ruggiero house! Wish I could have been there!