First I'll start off with some pics from our visit to Davis Farmland last weekend, where Kyle had his first pony ride and loved it, and loved saying "giddy up pony"! And I let Luke run around for most of our visit, instead of having him in the stroller. He loved the freedom, and loved doing "nice" to all the animals. Until a really large, creepy sheep approached him from behind and made a weird, loud noise right in his ear. He looked at me with panic and said "hug" and didn't pat the animals after that. And I don't really blame him...that sheep was pretty disturbing!
Then yesterday, we went to a "Big Truck Show" at a local high school. Both boys loved it, although Luke didn't like all the REALLY loud honking and was crying off and on because of it :( Oh, the last picture in that batch shows what I found when I got back to my car...in my frenzy of trying to get sunscreen on the boys while juggling/keeping them safe in the parking lot, apparently I left my driver's side door open (with my purse/wallet right there on the passenger's seat) for the entire 1.5 hrs that we were walking around. Wow, never done that before! Fortunately everything appeared to be in tact, and my battery wasn't dead. Phew!
And today, we went to Great Grampy's and had fun playing ball outside with him, Nonnie, and her friend Diane. Then we had an early dinner at the country club, and the boys both did great! They liked walking around and looking at the fountains, pretty flowers, and golf carts. And of course Kyle LOVED eating his decadent mac 'n cheese dinner :) And Luke liked picking at his grilled cheese sandwich, and plucking little morsels off my plate too :) They went to bed at a wild (for them) 7:30 tonight! We'll see how that shakes out in the morning...
I'm glad today was a very busy day because as I sit here now alone on Father's Day, the sadness is really setting in, thinking about all of the love, fun, and life experiences that my boys are missing out on without their amazing father. I do the best that I can, but I certainly can't come close to filling that void in their lives. And that just absolutely breaks my heart. We love you so much Jar, and I wish with all my heart that you were here with us today celebrating your 4th Father's Day...you truly epitomized what it meant to be a great father.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow I love seeing them doing all those fun things - and loving it! Esp the pony ride - how awesome - so proud of him! And that is just crazy about your car door, and your purse still being there. I guess this wasn't a wild and crazy monster truck show - more of a local truck show must have a civilized clientele that would not be inclined to pillage your belongings. ;-) Thought about Jar a ton yesterday - he was the best father, there is absolutely no doubt about that. Love him!
Dit - what great pics! Looks like the boys have been having lots of fun...crazy how big they both look to me! I was thinking of you lots yesterday. You are a wonderful mother and the boys are very lucky to have you. xoxo
I love all the pics and how the boys were having so much fun! You are a wonderful mother, the best! Jared loved being a father, He was the best dad. He is watching over them with all his love.
The boys are just so cute! I love Kyle's smile on the pony... and Luke is adorable, how excited he is playing with the animals. Love you guys :)))
Post a Comment