Saturday, August 25, 2012

Fun Visit with Grampa and Auntie Jayne!

We had a wonderful visit today with Grampa and Auntie Jayne! The boys were so excited and had lots of fun playing with them. We packed a lot in!

First we played inside with their new toys from "G and AJ", as Aunt Ca dubbed them on FB :) And Kyle loved Grampa's "maneuver" where he flipped him in the air with his hands! Then we played in the backyard, and G and AJ quickly learned how much Kyle and Luke LOVE to swing (they were their held-hostage "pushers"!).

Then we went for a walk on the rail trail, so the boys could show G and AJ another one of their favorite activities...throwing "big huge rocks" over the bridge and watching the splash! You'll see them hauling some big ones out to the bridge in one of the pictures :)

And I was so happy that Kyle didn't resist going to the rail trail after getting stung there on Thursday. I was afraid that negative association would linger. He talked a lot about how he didn't want to get "stunged" again, and I assured him he (probably) wouldn't. He didn't and as usual, both boys had a blast!

We then came home, had lunch (with Kyle making some lovely sound effects from the "can" for part of it), visited some more, and said our goodbyes. The boys had a great day with two very special people. And we look forward to seeing Auntie Jayne again at the kids' birthday party in less than a month!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad the boys had a wonderful visit with G and AJ! I am very happy that Kyle went back to the rail trail! :) The pictures are great!

Jayne said...

We had so much fun! The boys are so cute and fun to be around. Loved watching their excitement over throwing rocks and sticks in the water, and that catepilkar and those cobwebs were really exciting! Of course Grampa and I were amazed at Kyle's appetite and insistence on being pushed higher than Pooks on the swing. Also admired Kyle's excitement at he sight of a taxi and police car on the drive to the train station- I guess it must be exciting to see your toys in real life!!!
Thanks for a wonderful day! And great pictures!!!