Sunday, August 26, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday Lukey (2 days late)

I was hoping to take a little break from blogging, but I realized that I never posted for Luke's birthday and would feel incomplete if I didn't. So here it is, with some pictures from the day!

His special day kicked off with Kyle going into his room with a "Happy Birthday" wakeup song, which Luke loved :) And Luke went on to sing "Happy Birthday to Luke" throughout the day :) And he also thinks it's funny to sing Happy Birthday to random objects..."happy birthday to computer...", etc.

Last week, Kyle picked out a little UPS truck for him on Amazon, and understood not to tell him about it. He helped me wrap it but had trouble parting ways with it when it was time to actually give it to Luke. Luke was so excited when he opened it! And he was also excited about the cow stuffed animal I got him too..doesn't take much at this age.

Grammy came over too and watched the boys have cake. Luke was a bit scared of the candles, but Kyle helped and blew them out for him. Kyle of course LOVED the cake, and Luke surprisingly/willingly took about 5 bites...yahoo!!

And then I woke Luke up for a late night birthday snuggle in my bed before I went to sleep (it's my new guilty pleasure...we both LOVE it). So we all had a good day, despite the usual aching void on days like this.

Luke is just such a sweet, happy, adorable, funny, smart, feisty little 2 year old who lights up my world and I love with all my heart. Now for a little blogging sabbatical...

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

There are some awesome pictures here of the Pookster. Love that he had such a special day.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed your blog yesterday. The pictures are wonderful. So happy that his birthday was a very special day.

bcarlson said...

Pictures really capture his "adorableness"!

Nance said...

Hey, Birthday Boy! Love that tee! 2 years old already! Wow! You're a cutie!

Jayne said...

He is just o cute and sweet! Love him!!! Happy birthday Pooks!