The boys had fun trick or treating last night with their cousins! Kyle, aka the Fire Chief, kept up with the big kids, and sometimes remembered to say "trick or treat" and "thank you". And sometimes tried to go right into the people's houses! Luke, aka Mickey Mouse, wasn't quite as eager as Kyle and kind of hung back and did his own thing (like trying to serenade Aunt Ca with his VERY hard-to-understand "I saw a pumpkin..." song, over and over again). It's crazy to think that Luke wasn't even walking yet last Halloween! Or eating! What a difference a year makes.
I think the highlight for both kids was crashing the neighborhood Halloween party! They just made themselves right at home. Kyle helped himself to the veggies and a piece of pizza...he looked a little sheepish when I first saw him chowing down, but his look of elation quickly took over :) And Luke even gnawed on a piece of pizza, and had his first taste of juice! And when he was done with his juice box, he kept saying "I really, really like juice" :)
And the other highlight for them was each getting to eat a piece of candy when we got home. And after they went to bed, I made myself a very balanced candy dinner :) And felt pretty gross afterward :( Thankfully Luke's school is collecting extra candy to send to the troops, so I can get the rest out of the house for a good cause.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you guys had another great year trick or treating! All the cousins look adorable! Sounds like the boys are getting to be pros at it- funny that Kyle is still trying to sneak in houses! Wondering if they remembered their candy and where it was the next day?!! I love their costumes!!! I have an idea for one I want Pooks to wear next year..
Post a Comment