Ca and I successfully pulled off Mom's surprise 70th birthday party yesterday! She thought she was coming over to babysit while I went to a doctor's appointment, so you can imagine her surprise when all her friends and family jumped out of the toy room yelling "SURPRISE"! As you can see in the pictures, she was TRULY surprised! And thankfully she came toting her safety lantern, just in case ;)
And a BIG thank you to all her friends and family for preserving the surprise. As I experienced first hand with both my bridal and baby showers, it is SUCH a cool thing when a surprise works, both for the surprisers and the surprisees.
And we were all thrilled that Marion was able to trek down from VT after a hip scare earlier in the week. And that Marti, after all she's been through these last couple months, was well enough to come. And she looked great! Kyle was just saying the other day how we haven't seen Marti in a long time, and he was absolutely GIDDY when she arrived :)
The highlight of the party for Luke was DEFINITELY the giant balloons, or "b'unes" as he says in his cute little voice. He liked tangling himself up in the ribbons and running all over with them bouncing around. He didn't like, however, when Kyle climbed in the 0, as it slowed him down a bit.
It was a great time with a great bunch of people. And I was happy to have the distraction on what was an extra tough day for me yesterday...it would have been our 10 year anniversary. As time goes on, I miss that love, happiness, and pure contentment I shared with Jared more and more. That life just feels so distant, almost like a dream, hard to believe that "I really had it". But I just have to continue to try to find that happiness and contentment in my "new life". And I am hopeful that some day, I will get there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thank you girls for pulling off an A+ surprise party! I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful family and friends that overrate me.
(And, Dit, I did realize the bittersweet significance of the date. You are a strong woman!)
Thank you, Dit and Ca, for bringing us all together to celebrate your wonderful mom! You pulled off the surprise and reunited all Barb's family and friends to celebrate her "greatness" and our close friendships. Our lives have all been positively enriched by Barb, and she continues to inspire us as she grows in grace and wisdom. I think she would agree that the best gift was Marti celebrating with us. Thank you for including me in this memorable gathering, and best wishes, Barb, for another year of good health and good times with family and friends.!
Happy Birthday!!! The surprise does look like it went really well!!! Glad everyone got to celebrate such an important birthday together!!! Hope 70 is off to a great start!
Trish says....
Looks like a great time. Happy 70th Babs!
Di... I was thinking of you on the 2nd. I agree with your mom you are a strong woman... a true inspiration!
Post a Comment