Sunday, April 14, 2013
Meet Sunday and Patsy!
Luke and I went to the animal shelter on Friday to meet our new kitties (who weren't going to be old/big enough for us to take home for a couple weeks). And while there, we saw 6 month old kitty sisters that I really "connected" with (whatever that means with cats?!). So we made the switch and picked them up yesterday!
"Floyd" is now a girl, so she became Patsy (as in the Pats, hands-down Jared's favorite sports team). So Sunday and Patsy (or "Patsy Pats" as Luke calls her) have been busy exploring their new crib for the last 24 hrs. They've eaten, drank, used the litter box, and even played a little ball with the kids. For the most part though, they have kept a low profile when the boys are running around like maniacs. But after they went to bed last night, both kitties curled up on my lap :)
It's fun to start learning their different personalities. Patsy is definitely a bit bolder and more playful, and she slept on my bed (in her bed) last night. And Sunday seems more shy but VERY relaxed and content in my lap. Not sure where she slept last night. Still learning their hiding places...there are times where I have absolutely no idea where they are!
And yes, they look a LOT like Benson. Purely coincidental. In fact, I would have preferred that they looked totally different. But I like short-hair cats (and these guys have the SOFTEST fur), and I liked their age, and they just seemed really sweet and "right". Now the boys and I just have to remember that they're "shes" (I feel like my mom calling my pet by the wrong gender). At least Mom, Ca and I now all have pets of the same gender, so that should make things easier :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
They're so cute! Love the names! Looking forward to meeting them on Friday.
How exciting for you and the boys! I was telling Sophia yesterday that Kyle and Luke were getting new kitties. Didn't know they had arrived! They are lucky to join such a loving family, and I'm sure the boys are over the moon! Can't wait to meet them. Hope I'm not allergic!
Can't wait to meet the little kitties - and see them ( literally I can't see pictures on my iPad)
Post a Comment