Monday, June 10, 2013

Maine Visit

We had a fun day in Maine today, surprising Nonnie at her school, and then going to the beach afterward. The boys were just FLABBERGASTED when Nonnie's school friend Pam gave them each a couple cars! They kept referring to her as the "really nice person" :) Which she is! They also loved watching the fish in the aquarium (Kyle especially). In fact, it was hard to peel Kyle away from it to go to the beach...he kept saying "nope, I'll tell you when I'm ready" :) He calls the shots, that's for sure.

But we made it to the beach and the boys had a blast! They liked throwing a tennis ball to a couple nice dogs (until Luke got leveled by one), watching crabs and other creatures in the tidal pools, going through their "obstacle course" in the rocks, playing with their construction vehicles (Luke especially!), and most of all wading into the ocean and getting that dizzy feeling looking down at the water going in and out, sinking into the sand. I think (hope) we'll all sleep well tonight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had such a wonderful time with the boys and you yesterday afternoon! They are so much fun! The photos came out great especially Luke on his own playing with his construction vehicles and Kyle on his own by the rocks. Much love to all of you!

Nance said...

How delightful! The boys look really happy (not to mention Nonnie!),and full of enthusiasm and adventure for exploring the beach! My kind of day, too!