Luke and I had fun at Kyle's school last week for "Parade Day". We got to go twice, first for his morning class and then back for his afternoon class. They do a really nice job choreographing the day, and the weather was beautiful. Crazy to think that next year both boys will be marching in that parade!
And then we had a fun little "vacation" at Story Land. The first day wasn't great. It began with a 4 hr (should have been 3 hr) drive up that featured 5 mph traffic on 495, getting stuck on a NH back road behind a bike race (literally), and two grumpy, fussing, over-tired, constantly coughing boys who refused to sleep.
When we got to Story Land, we did the antique cars which were fun. We then waited in line about 20 minutes for this raft ride (waiting in line...NOT Kyle's strength). And when it was our turn, as our raft was pulling up, they shut the ride down because it started thundering. Needless to say, that did not go over very well with my boys, especially Kyle. And then it POURED! I've never been so soaked in my life.
So we went to the restaurant for dinner drenched (the boys were pretty dry because I shielded them, but I was soaked). I asked for the warmest table they had, so of course they put us directly under an air conditioning vent. But all was okay when Kyle discovered that, in addition to his grilled cheese and fries, they gave him an unexpected pickle and cup of ketchup (which he tried to drink at the end). "And I didn't even ask for them"! He just couldn't get over it :)
But the second day was much better. The boys loved staying at the hotel (VERY tough getting them to settle down to sleep though), having a huge yummy breakfast at a local diner, and going on all the rides. Kyle, who not too long ago was afraid to go down the little slide on our swingset, LOVED all the "thrill" rides! No fear, just pure elation. Loved watching him have such fun! His favorites were the polar (roller) coaster and flume ride. He wanted to keep going on them! Luke wasn't quite as into them but was a good sport. It was an exhausting couple days but they had lots of fun so I'm glad we did it.
In other K & L news, Kyle still has fluid in his ears (and has hearing loss from it) so will be getting tubes put in and adenoids removed next week. Soooo hoping that helps his overall "state" (heavy breathing, CONSTANT colds, poor listening/attention, waking at 5am, etc). A girl can dream, right?
And Luke has reached the very annoying but very age appropriate milestone of climbing out of his crib (a bullet I dodged with my rule-following Kyle). He climbs out (and back in) with ease. Within seconds of me putting him in. It's not dangerous, because he does it very smoothly/effortlessly. Thankfully (knock on wood) he usually stays in his room. But it's turned him into a sleep-deprived mess! My sweet, easy, happy little boy is now a fussy, tantruming, can't-handle-things little disaster.
The novelty of it has him getting up at 5am (a couple mornings in the late 4's). Ick. And getting him to sleep at night and nap time is now VERY challenging. I tried taking all the toys and books out of his room, thinking he'd have less motivation to climb out. But then he started playing with his blinds, the heating vent, plugs, and my least favorite, emptying his dresser. That plan kind of backfired so I put everything back so that he sticks with toys. I ordered him a mattress that's being delivered on Sunday. Hoping that will help. I want my rested, happy-all-the-time little boy back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Love the pictures of you and the boys! And the "Day of Dit" does sound like a kick-butt now, take names later kind of day!!
Love these pix, Dianna. Looks like a great mini vaca for you and the boys. I see lots of smiles all around! Love the holding hands and rides together. They are soooo cute! I'm so glad it all went well!
Just saw this wonderful write up and pics. So glad you and the boys had a great mini vacation. Everyone looks so happy! I love the pictures of them holding hands and riding together! Love them to pieces!
Love the SL pictures! So many smiles and so much handholding! Love the 3 of you w/ the goofy faces. (And I loved your shirt) Looks like lots of water rides to cool off on such a hot day.
Post a Comment