Thursday, February 12, 2009

Some Firsts...

Before I get to the "firsts", I am happy to report that Kyle slept for 4 hrs and then 6 hrs straight last night (I think). The reason I say "I think" is because the nights have become such blurs, but I'm pretty sure he slept from 1am until 7am...YIPEE!! That means I probably slept for a 5 hour chunk, which is probably my longest stretch in a couple months. I can't say I feel all that rested, but it helps psychologically knowing that I had that continuous sleep.

Onto the firsts...I woke up yesterday morning to find Kyle asleep on his tummy. This is the first time he's rolled over in the crib, so it was a little scary seeing him in that position. I had to get him up anyway, so I didn't have to decide whether to roll him onto his back. Obviously, once this becomes a regular occurrence, I'm not going to worry about it. And I'm hoping that maybe it will help him sleep longer/better!

The other first yesterday was leaving Kyle with Grammy (his first time without Jared or me), while I made my first supplier visit since last August. And I conveniently chose a supplier about five minutes from Grammy's house! So I didn't have to pump or bring milk, because I was close enough to just come home when he needed to eat. I was gone about 3.5 hrs and it went well for the first time. It was unfortunate that he hadn't pooped for a couple days, so was uncomfortable and fussier than usual. And I must say that I have a whole new appreciation for moms who do this every day. I had enough trouble getting out of the house by 9:45am, and that was having packed up the car and prepared everything the night before!! I'm sure I'd get used to it if I had to do it every day, but I am VERY thankful to be home with him.

1 comment:

conor said...

the first time that conor rolled over at night, he cried, then we flipped him, he did again and cried! I was a little nervous the 1st time. But then he liked it and almost always sleeps on his belly! We had a Dr's appt not long after that and she said if they are strong enough to flip on their own...they are fine! He still sleeps with his little bum in the air on his belly!