Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thank You Carpenter Clan!


I had an important meeting for work this morning with some UTC "higher-ups" (including my boss who's retiring tomorrow). And since it was a Thursday, Grammy was not available to watch Kyle because she had class. But the Carpenter Clan came to the rescue!! The whole family (minus Abbydoodle) arrived a little before 9am ready to babysit. And babysit they did, for the final 10 minutes before I got home :) Yep, Kyle slept almost the entire time I was gone...from about 8:45am until 12:15! I was very happy to hear this, because I would have felt awful if he were fussy for them. Ca had me slightly fooled though when I called on my drive home and she told me how much easier it is to be an accountant than a babysitter...what a jokester that Ca is :)

I picked up a couple Pepe's pizzas on my way home, so we ate/visited until it was car nap time for Alex and Rachel. And Alex and Rachel were so cute and well-behaved...they amused themselves by building bridges out of magazines, "playing" with Benson, reading "Is Your Mama a Llama", and watching Thomas. They also told Kyle they loved him, which was very sweet and precious. Thank you, thank you, thank you Carps for helping me out today! During the peak of tax season nonetheless!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Yay! Our own personalized blog post. We're so cool! We had sooooo much fun. That guy is just so yummy! Pizza was yummy too.

Anonymous said...

WOW! THREE BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN! THEY LOOK LIKE ANGELS IN A PAINTNG!
THEY WILL BE CLOSE GROWING UP!
Nonnie :)

bcarlson said...

Can you send me the full file of that picture? it's so cute. I want to print it.