Friday, January 8, 2010

Down in the Diaper Dumps

Over the last couple weeks, I have come to dread the first 30 minutes of the day. Despite the fact that Kyle barely drinks anything, he produces an INSANE amount of pee at night. So every morning, he wakes up SOAKING wet. I'm not talking the diaper leaked a little. I'm talking the diaper is COMPLETELY saturated with visible droplets of pee on the outside. I could literally wring out his onesie, that's how wet it is. And of course he wakes up with a poop every morning too.

Now pair all of this with the fact that changing his diaper has become a near impossible task over the last month, with him using all his strength to fight it (rolling, kicking, screaming hysterically). In addition, he has an itchy rash on his bum, so while I'm wrestling with him trying to change the diaper, he is clawing ferociously at his butt, and REALLY digging his fingernails in so that the rash can't heal. So that first diaper/change of clothes in the morning is just an absolute nightmare. The diapers the rest of the day are no picnic either, but at least they don't also involve a change of clothes. Hopefully this will be a short-lived phase. In the meantime, I am thrilled that it's Friday, so that I can get a break from diapers for a couple days!

3 comments:

bcarlson said...

Maybe Alex could show him how to use the potty ;)

Anonymous said...

This too shall pass!!!

conor said...

this was actually one of the reasons I switched to cloth!! Conor would wake up soaked through!!! Luckily though he's only woken up wet about 2 times in the past 6 months!!