Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Getting Close!
As you can see in the video, Kyle is (finally!) close to walking! He will now walk around the house with us holding just our finger. And he seems to like it! And for the last few weeks, he'll take a step or two when cruising from one piece of furniture to another. But I couldn't really say when he took his milestone "first step"...it just blended in with his cruising. The big "first step" milestone in my mind will be when he takes a step or two out into the open, with no foreseeable "landing zone". My thought all along has been that he'll be walking by Valentines Day, and it now looks like that's a pretty safe bet.
And yes, he is wearing a sweater vest in the video! There were a couple random days where he took VERY long naps while wearing that sweater vest. While I'm sure this was just coincidence, I will periodically put him in it when I'm hoping for a good nap. My wishful thinking failed me today...he just took his usual 2 one hour naps.
And I'm sure that you're all on the edge of your seats waiting for a diaper update! Well, Pampers Overnights were the answer...he hasn't woken up wet since we switched! And I've discovered that pulling up a Baby Einstein video on YouTube is a GREAT distraction for him when changing his diaper...he's MUCH happier which makes it MUCH easier!
And today was a big day (I'm being sarcastic)...Kyle actually drank a whopping 6oz of milk from his sippy cup over the course of his 12 waking hours (with me shoving the cup in his face at every opportunity). I literally think this is the most he's ever drank in a day (he does take 8 oz of milk at night mixed with his cereal). He clearly likes milk but must be part cactus because he is just NEVER thirsty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't get the video to work!
Post a Comment