Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Closing in on 4 Months...


So as most of you know from Facebook, Luke FINALLY took a bottle from Grammy yesterday! It happened after he woke up from a (very rare) 4.5 hour nap. He fought her for 30+ minutes but then caved and took over 3 ounces. So between the long nap and the bottle (and the fact that Kyle was at his cousins' house for a sleepover), it was a GREAT day!!

A great day nestled between many not-so-great days this past week, mostly due to the fact that Luke hasn't been doing a long sleep stretch at night (everything's been less than 3 hrs). So because of my trouble falling asleep, I've been totaling less than 5 hrs/night of sleep, spread over three stretches...not very restorative to say the least. Hopefully that changes soon, because the lack of sleep has definitely been catching up with me lately.

But Luke is fast-approaching that magical 4 month milestone, when lots of great things become possible. First and foremost, it becomes "acceptable" to let him cry it out at night (although I won't do this until we're in the new house, since he and I share a room right now so it would be extra tough). He also should also be able to fall asleep on his own for naps, without me nursing/rocking him sleep...this will be especially liberating since I feel like I spend half my life trying to get him to sleep! What will I do with all my free time??

And in general, I think babies just become more fun around 4 months. I THINK Luke laughed a couple times over the last few weeks, but last night I got the first definite/repeated laugh. Oddly enough, it came when I was eating at Chipotle with Ca...he became fussy but would laugh every time I leaned my head toward his and made a funny noise. I tried to get a video, but you know what happens as soon as you whip out a camera...whatever you were trying to capture immediately stops. But I'll keep trying to get a video of it. It's SUCH a sweet sound :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love them to pieces!