Hello sleepsack!
Yes, Luke has graduated from the swaddle to the sleepsack! As with Kyle, he went cold turkey. I didn't really feel like the swaddle was enhancing his sleep, and I didn't like how many hours a day he was "bound up" (when you add in the countless hours I spend each day trying to rock/nurse him to sleep when he's swaddled). Plus, he was starting to kick his feet out of it pretty regularly, and the "half in half out" (at least psychologically for me) seems less conducive to sleep than either being swaddled or not. He's done pretty well so far. He wasn't yet sleeping regularly or predictably, so it's hard to say whether short naps/night stretches are the result of no swaddle. My gut feeling is no...his sleep seems pretty similar to before.
The next two liberating milestones that are on the horizon are putting him to bed when he's still awake (not rocking/nursing him to sleep...I absolutely CAN'T WAIT for this one), and then letting him "cry it out" at night, so that I'll finally (hopefully) start getting more than a few hours of sleep at a time. And I look forward to him getting on a predictable nap schedule where I can count on those blocks of time (like I can count on Kyle's daily 40 minute nap...what to do with all that time?!).
2 comments:
The swaddle doesn't look very comfortable, though he looks like a very good sport in both the swaddle and the sleepsack. I hope the sleepsack brings you both more quality sleep time!
LOVE the TLP picture.
Post a Comment