Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Birthday with my Boys

Ever since Alex and Rachel's birthday party, Kyle will randomly break into song with "Happy Birthday Alex and Rachel" (and this is the only song he's ever sang...he usually gets mad if I try to get him to sing!). So I was able to get him to sing "Happy Birthday" to me throughout the day today, which of course brightened my day. It was cute...he kept starting to sing with Alex and Rachel's names, but then he'd correct himself without my prompting and add "Mumma". Here's a rendition where he tried to get Luke in on the action too...


I was really hoping to get a good picture of Kyle and Luke together today, as a little birthday treat. And as you can see from the slideshow, I got LOTS of good ones...I think I'll just order a case of picture frames, because it will be too hard to choose which ones to enlarge and frame :)

And my other more lofty goal was to get a good picture of me with my boys. Hopefully I'll have some frames leftover to display these winners...


All kidding aside, I have always valued photos. But that feeling has grown exponentially this past year. I am so thankful that I have so many good pictures of Jared with Kyle, and of our 15 years together. It is sometimes a hassle to take the pictures, but I treasure my photos of him more than anything and I am so thankful that I have so many to show our boys. And someday, I hope to get a good picture of me with my boys. But as you can see from the above photos, I think that day is a long ways off!

2 comments:

Jayne said...

Happy Birthday Dianna! I'm so glad you have such cute, sweet boys to spend your day with. I hope you had a nice day filled with happiness, warm memories and love!

Carolyn said...

LOVE those rockin' pics. Each one is funnier than the next! On the plus side, your hair looked quite good!