Saturday, September 27, 2008

As (tentatively) promised...

I'm thinking a blog is a good way to keep my "core people" updated on our new life with Kyle. So here it is!

Last night was our best night yet (out of the whopping 3 we've had at home so far). Kyle slept for 3 hrs from 9-12 on Jared's chest (which allowed Jared to watch the UCONN football game and me to get some much needed sleep). Then, after literally 3 feedings in the next three hrs, he slept from 3:30 to 6:30 in the pack n play, so I got another chunk of sleep. He just had another "cluster feeding" (3 more in 3 hrs) and is back in the pack n play asleep, hopefully for another 3 hrs or so.

Today's project for us will be to give him his first sponge bath since leaving the hospital. The nurses made washing his hair look so easy...I'm sure we'll make it look as hard as possible.

And one last thing...the last three times I've changed his diaper, he's peed all over the place once exposed. Not sure how to prevent that but it sure makes a mess! But at least he's peeing and isn't dehydrated.

3 comments:

Grammy said...

Peeing is all good when you're breast-feeding!!

Jon said...

YAYYYYYYY!!!!! So excited to be updated this way. (This is Ca in case you can't tell - I'll sign in on my own next I swear).

Jules said...

Try taking his diaper off his front for a quick second and then cover him back up with it. The pee will dribble all down his hips and onto the changing table, but at least it won't be on the floor (or on you).

I'm SO GLAD you decided to do a blog since you and Ca were the ones to talk ME into it! :)