So do newborns hit a major growth spurt on Day 6??? I'll have to research that. I fed Kyle 8 times from midnight until 10am! And these weren't "quiet him down" feedings...these were all the real thing. Both boobs for almost a half hour each, with me hearing lots of juicy swallowing throughout (obviously I'm sure the milk supply wasn't able to fully replenish as the feedings went on, and on, and on). And then each time when he was done and I'd burp him on my shoulder, he would attack his hands, my neck, the cloth...anything that he thought might yield milk, all the while making little pig sounds. He didn't sleep more than 15 minutes between feedings. You'd think I hadn't fed him yesterday, but he ate well (at least every three hours). The bright side is we've had so much practice that I'm now finding nursing easy and painless.
And now for the kicker. One corner of our crib makes a sqeaking sound it you move it around. We called the place that sold/assembled the crib and they said they'd come by to check it out around 7pm today. Well, I had just drifted into what might have been a nice little chunk of sleep around 8am when Jared wakes me up to tell me he thinks the crib people were at the door. What??? Apparently, they were "in the area" so thought they'd stop over a little early (11 hrs to be exact). I was NOT amused!!! And now they're coming back tomorrow night around 6pm with a whole new crib because the guy couldn't figure out the problem (meaning I'll start watching for them around 7am). So at that point I was wide awake and have been up ever since (as has Kyle...we just finished yet another feeding).
On a happy note, Jared just made really good blueberry pancakes! Plus, my chart tells me I should be feeding him 8 times today. So I guess my work here is done for the day...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's Ca. LOVE these updates. Stupid idiot crib people. You know how you hate when people come to the door? You are going to have a newfound hatred for this w/ a baby. Hungry little Kyle. He's just like his dad. xoxx
Me too. Your blog is a great way to keep us up to date. I wind up checking it a lot!!
Post a Comment