Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Kyle and Luke's First "Photo Shoot"

Today, after taking Luke's weekly (6 week!) photo, I was feeling ambitious and decided to try to get a "formal" picture of both boys together. Kyle LOVED the photo shoot!! Having Luke perched on his lap for the first time was quite a thrill for him. And Luke was surprisingly smiley too. Of course things went downhill quickly, but I got a few cute ones.

And yes, Luke is 6 weeks old today. These 6 weeks have been incredibly difficult on so many levels, to say the least. But it feels good to have 6 of the toughest weeks under my belt. He is now pretty consistently doing one 4-5 hour stretch of sleep per night, followed by a few 2ish hour stretches. So I'm getting a little more sleep these days, and I'd be getting a lot more if it didn't take me so darn long to fall asleep each time.

Currently the most frustrating/exhausting thing on the Luke front is just the hours and hours spent each day rocking/nursing him, trying to get him to sleep. And stay asleep! He'll nap for 10 to 20 minutes, but then wakes up for some unknown reason...SOOO frustrating! I don't think he's taken a noteworthy nap since his 3+ hour nap during Kyle's birthday party! Hopefully he'll figure it out soon, because it's become quite challenging for me to just do the basics each day (i.e. eat, shower, etc). But he's such a sweet/smiley little boy (just like his brother) and I love him to pieces!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

I LOVE THESE!!!! However, they will not work in my horizontal cousins photo frame. I thought you were "opposed" to vertical pictures. :-) Will you put these, along w/ the party pics on Jon's server whenever you think of it. LOVE those cute car loving boys.

Anonymous said...

I love the photos! Hugs and kisses for two wonderful boys!

Anonymous said...

Super-cute pictures!!

marti Jordan said...

WOW!!! Great photos! Didn't realize that Kyle is such a ham. Two handsome dudes!!!!!