Friday, October 8, 2010

The New and Improved Lukey Pookie!


If anyone's looking for Luke these days, he's either in his crib or swing sleeping! Yes, after 6 weeks of not sleeping very much, he has been a sleeping machine these last 3 days. He's been sleeping in his crib from 11pm(ish) to 11am(ish), waking of course every few hours to nurse, but going right back to sleep. And then during the day, he's been doing the same thing in his swing. I basically just change his diaper when he wakes up, get LOTS of super-cute smiles, nurse him, and then put him back in his crib/swing when he falls asleep on me. Newborns are so easy ;)

Needless to say, what a WONDERFUL turn of events this has been! I'm not sure what to attribute it to, or how long it will last, but I'm enjoying every minute of it for the time being. And he especially likes his swing now that Aunt Ca enlightened me to the fact that there are two recline positions (and unknowingly I've always had it in the more upright position, including all the months that Kyle used it).

Speaking of Kyle, he's having a sleepover at his cousins until tomorrow. So I've had a VERY productive day today. These last few days have definitely been the best/easiest since Luke was born...hopefully they continue!

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

LOVE it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Who knew that those seats had so many positions?!?! Glad to hear that Luke and you are getting more sleep!

Kim said...

So glad to hear it Dit - it sounds like you have all turned a corner and I really hope it continues!! I hadn't been on your blog for a couple weeks (FB has consumed all of my free computer time ;) !!) but all the pics you have posted are so adorable! Luke has changed so much and is SO adorable with all his smiles! Can't wait to visit :)

Anonymous said...

I love that little guy! Love the big smile!

Nancy said...

Luke has changed so much, Dianna. He is a smiling, sleeping little man! Allelulia! A good night's rest puts a better spin on everyone's days. Hope it continues. Just love these pix of Kyle and Luke.