Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!


Kyle enjoyed trudging up and down Lowell Ave tonight as a 2nd generation monkey (Alex and Rachel were the originals). He didn't really get it though...instead of accepting the candy, he demanded to go inside the very first house we went to (fortunately, it was Viv and Hank's, and they were nice enough to give him a toy to take along with him, which he preferred carrying over his pumpkin!). He enjoyed holding hands with Nonnie, picking up leaves, and watching his Scooby Doo and Dalmation cousins do REAL trick-or-treating. And there was even a Superman sighting up the street!

Luke was a little trooper too, sleeping the whole time all bundled up in his stroller (if I had my act together, I would have got him a pumpkin hat to wear instead of his non-festive Red Sox one).

As is the case with just about everything these days, it was fun but a very muted fun. The huge void in my little family is so much more painful on days like this. But it just makes me that much more thankful for my two precious little boys. They are my world and I love them more than anything.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Great pictures Dit - I always loved those monkey costumes...and they're so cozy too! You have two beautiful kids. Luke is looking more and more precious these days. When we are germ-free I need to have a snuggle with him! xoxo to you all. :)

Jayne said...

Love the pictures, the kids are all so cute! Looks like you guys were a real traveling zoo!

Anonymous said...

Nonnie had such a wonderful time! I can't wait to do it again!

Anonymous said...

ellen said I so enjoy reading your updates. You write with such feelings and details of your life as it is now. I pray 2011 is a better year for you in the fact that you will be experiencings wonderful memories with your sons. Jared is right there beside you never forget that. Write to him in a journal and say and send him all your love.I'm Jackie's friend in Maine.