According to Kyle's pediatrician, he "looks great and is healthy as a horse"! He weighed 16 lbs 8 oz and is 2' 2" (I put his length in that format just for you Ca!). So I think I'm finally done obsessing over his weight...I feel good about his "specs".
The only negative yesterday was the fact that I was there with him for 1 hr and 45 minutes! I only had to wait about 5 minutes to see the doctor and then had about 45 minutes with him (I really like this doctor because I never feel rushed). Then he left and said he'd send the nurse right in to do Kyle's shots (so he said just leave him in his onesie). Well, 45 minutes later (after hearing lots of laughing and small talk out in the hall) a nurse knocks on the door and seemed surprised that we were in there. Apparently, the doctor forgot to tell her that we were waiting! Ordinarily, I would have poked my head out much sooner, to see what was going on. But after dancing around with Kyle for about 20 minutes, trying to keep him calm (and warm!), he fell asleep on me (it was past nap time at this point). So I sat down and didn't want to move, in case there really was some huge delay and then I'd be stuck with a crying Kyle again. The shots literally took 30 seconds...she did them with him still lying on my chest. I didn't cry this time (probably because I was so irritated!). Kyle cried each time for about 3 seconds and that was it. He was smiling a minute later when I put him in his car seat. I never felt like the nurse gave me a sincere apology, which really bugged me.
Yesterday brought back annoying memories of my OBGYN visits the last couple months of my pregnancy. I was always brought to the exam room right away, but then would wait FOREVER for the doctor to come in. Keep in mind, the whole time I waited, I was sitting on that table with my paper skirt and a HUGE belly with no backrest...VERY uncomfortable!! Again, I'd hear all this laughter and chatter out in the hall (including my doctors). And then no apology when they'd come in 20 minutes later. Aunt Marion, is this normal??
Enough venting. As I had hoped, the shots appear to have made Kyle sleepy again. He slept for 6.5 and 5 hrs stretches last night...YIPPEE!! I'm sooooo hoping that this resets his sleep clock and he'll go back to sleeping through the night. Time will tell...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment