Kyle seemed to have a case of the Mondays today...he didn't nap/eat/play well. And he must have spit up 72 times. So there were no Kodak moments today for his 15 week photo. On a more positive note, I think he's turning a corner with his sleep. The last two nights, he's slept for 4-5 hour stretches, which is a HUGE improvement from waking every two hours! Hopefully this continues. And he's now up to 14 lbs 6 oz, so he gained 7 oz this week which is good.
To recap 2009 so far...New Years Day, we didn't do much. Just watched football and played with Kyle...he laughed (we think) for the first time too. I was tickling his legs and tummy with my hair and he was smiling and started making a somewhat recognizable laughing sound. And he's done it randomly every day since...very fun and cute!! Then Friday, we had a fun visit with the Toscanos. Kyle liked watching his buddy Jeremy cruise around, and the noisier it was, the happier/sleepier Kyle seemed. Yesterday, we got lobsters (our New Year's Eve dinner a few days late). This was a much more enjoyable lobster experience than on our anniversary because we actually had a lobster cracker this time! Much less messy, and we didn't cut up our hands trying to crack open the shells. And today, we finally assembled Kyle's toy box. We love it, but it took us a lot longer to put together than it should have (mostly because Kyle kept "interrupting" us). There were also some assembly issues that caused us to basically unassemble/reassemble it twice. So that wasn't fun, but we're very happy with the end product (thanks Ca!!). We also slow cooked pulled pork today for dinner tonight, but it came out tasting very funky. Jared still ate it, but I didn't. We've made this recipe 20+ times and are sure we didn't miss an ingredient, so we're guessing that the pork was bad. Seemed par for the course today.
Along those same lines, Kyle is already awake, after sleeping just 20 minutes. Jared's at basketball, so I must go tend to him...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I wish i could hear Kyle laugh! Hope Jared didn't get sick on the pork! I assume the toybox is in the family room! When will Barbara resume her Wednesday visits? Wish I lived closer to releave you if you wanted.
I love that Jar ate the funky pork.
I'm going to try to get a video of Kyle laughing today and will post it...I can't promise anything though because, like everything else, it's on his terms! Fortunately, Jared didn't get sick from the pork. And Grammy plans to resume Wednesdays once all her injuries heal. But the only thing I really need relief from these days is the nursing, and no one can help me with that!
Post a Comment