
Now that Kyle's 4 months old, I'm hoping he'll decide it's time to start sleeping through the night (heck, I'd even take a 4 hr stretch!)...this lack of sleep is really getting to me! But he has been taking a VERY long nap each day...about 4 hrs! So that is great and hopefully continues. As you can see, he's up to 15 lbs 12 oz, which puts him in the 55th percentile. So he's definitely headed in the right direction.
I felt better after reading that spitting up peaks around 4 months, because he's been spitting up like CRAZY lately! He's also started making this new sound...he's graduated from squeaking and is on to roaring (like a dragon!). It's a very funny, strange sound and we haven't quite figured out its meaning. Like the squeak, it also appears to be multi-functional, appropriate for all occasions.
We're also attempting to wean him of the swaddle. Actually, wean is probably the wrong word...we're going cold turkey. He kicks his legs out of it all the time now and that seems to annoy him and wakes him up. So then we go in and fix it, and he just does it again. It's becoming a very annoying cycle, so we think it's time. He took his evening nap without it and did okay (once we moved him out of a pool of spit-up). And we figure he can't sleep any worse at night than he already is, so this seemed like a good time to break the habit. We'll see how tonight goes.
And for those wondering, Kyle is DEFINITELY not constipated anymore! He had 5 rather large "movements" today. Maybe he'll sleep better tonight, now that he's all cleaned out. Wishful thinking I'm sure...
2 comments:
How frgn cute is that boy?!! I just can't get over it. I could eat him.
Dianna, I have to agree with Carolyn. Kyle is such a cutie! Have been checking out the blog and following your progress...I'll be picking up whatever tips I can!
Post a Comment