
I've definitely been slacking in the blogging department recently! I'm going to blame it on lack of sleep. Kyle continues to wake every couple hours in the night to nurse. And I truly believe that he is hungry, because Jared has tried a bunch of times to rock him back to sleep without me feeding him, but he wakes up right away screaming. He gained 10 oz this week though and is up to 15 lbs even. So that's the silver lining in all of this.
We enjoyed Jared's final week home. Last Tuesday, Kyle met his great grandparents and great uncle for the first time. It was his longest car ride yet (about 1:45). He did pretty well until the end, when he started getting fussy. So on the way home, we broke up the drive by stopping at Pirate Grammy's (she had cataract surgery that morning so was wearing a patch over her eye). We got to pick up the beautiful quilt that she made Kyle too (I'll have to post a picture of it soon).
Then Friday night, with his pants hiked up nice and high, Kyle made his first visit to Westborough. He seemed to enjoy watching his cousins play, and even took an 1.5 hr nap in Rachel's crib. And I very much enjoyed watching Alex's Elaine Benes dance impersonation...I'll post the video once I get it off my camera (I wish the Flip had Eye-Fi technology).
And those were Kyle's outings this week. In addition to laughing, he's also started squeaking a lot...he squeaks when he's happy, he squeaks when he's hungry, he squeaks when he's about to spit up, etc...it's a very all-purpose sound. He's also started attempting to roll over every time we change his diaper, swaddle him, dress him...very annoying! Jared calls his new maneuver "the twist". And he's finally growing some hair on his head...he's gaining on his daddy!
Hopefully I'll get back on track and post again before next Monday!
2 comments:
I LOVE his 16 week picture!!
I'm going to blame the blog-slacking on facebook. (at least, that's what I blame my blog-slacking on...) i wish Kyle would get out of this 2-hour sleep/awake groove...
Post a Comment