Friday, December 19, 2008

Better Late Than Never...


I just realized that I never posted about getting our Christmas tree. So here it is, a week later! Last Friday, Kyle and I met Jared (after work) at a tree farm near Jared's company. We went Friday night instead of Sat/Sun because it was in the mid 40s but was supposed to be much colder over the weekend. We only had a brief window though, because it was getting dark, but that was all we needed. This was a much larger tree farm than we've gone to the last few years, so there was much better selection. With Kyle somewhat content in his Baby Bjorn (and in cousin Alex's snowsuit that was way too big for him!), we looked around a little and found a nice Douglas Fir. Kyle and I headed home once Jared started cutting it down though, because it was very windy and Kyle was getting cold. Even though it was sort of a big production bringing Kyle, it was fun having him along for his first tree cutting and was worth the effort. And we love our tree! Somehow, we've ended up with Charlie Brown trees the last couple years (probably because we waited to long to get it and just went to a small tree farm down the road). But this is a very full, nicely shaped tree and we are very much enjoying it. Maybe this year we won't promptly take it down the day after Christmas!

3 comments:

bcarlson said...

It's Ca. Love those pics. It's always (usually) worth the extra effort it takes to make little kids be a part of stuff like that. And I'm glad to know that there was a reason for your seemingly irrational rip down of past trees at 12:01 on 12/26. :-)

Jules said...

Just remember to secure it with dental floss... I love "firsts". They always make me teary eyed. Glad you had a special evening!

Dianna said...

Actually, we no longer need the dental floss thanks to the nice, heavy-duty tree stand that Ca gave us a couple Christmases ago. But the hook to tie the dental floss still remains in the wall, in case we want back-up :)