We had our 2nd Christmas celebration at Grammy's yesterday with Nonnie, Aunt Jayne and the Foleys. Kyle enjoyed seeing all his relatives again, although he was a bit fussy. Jon put on a delicious meal, and it was fun to visit and exchange gifts with everyone. So the Christmas festivities are now officially over, although we are still enjoying our Christmas tree and will probably keep it up through New Years.
I was reminded last night why we are so paranoid about germs with Kyle. When we got home from MA, we discovered he had a "boogie" way up in his nose that was affecting his breathing (and a smaller one in the other nostril). I tried suctioning it out but couldn't get it. And when I tried to feed him, because he couldn't breath very well through his nose, he kept gulping air every time he swallowed. His poor little tummy blew up like a balloon with air and he was just screaming in pain. And he wouldn't burp (I think it needed to pass through the other end). This continued through the night, with each feeding. I felt soooo bad for him and I myself cried every time I fed him :( This morning, we could still hear it up there, so we turned on the shower and shut the door, hoping the steam would loosen it. After doing this, he finally sneezed it out a little while later and I was soooo happy for him. It was HUGE and seeing it come out was very satisfying (sorry if that grosses people out...I don't find baby boogies gross though). So I really can't imagine what it would be like if he had an actual head cold, where he has air gulping issues to begin with. He's fed much better since then, and napped for some of the Pats game, which was great. Now we just need a Jets victory...J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment