Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Naps

I just love that Kyle takes real naps now! He's really falling into the morning, afternoon, and dinnertime nap schedule. And his naps are getting longer. Like this morning, he slept for 1.5 hrs, after sleeping 10 hrs last night (waking up after 7 hrs to eat). The book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" made me realize that Kyle should be awake for no more than 2 hr stretches. All babies "want" to nap throughout the day, some (like Kyle) just need more coaxing than others! So I'm living by the two hour rule right now and it works. If it weren't for his nursing troubles, life would be easy right now!

Despite his nursing issues, he gained 8 oz in the last 6 days (measured on the infant scale that I bought). That made me VERY happy, as 5-7 oz per week is normal!

One new thing Kyle is doing is when I try to sit him on my lap, he wants to stand and keeps his legs locked. This can be annoying (like when I'm trying to burp him), but I guess is just part of his development.

Unfortunately, we won't have our Wednesday Grammy visit tomorrow (and probably won't for a while), as Grammy broke a bone in her arm after missing a step and taking a spill. Poor Grammy! We'll miss her tomorrow, but we're glad that she's doing okay and isn't in much pain.

No comments: